Visit link below for schedule
GIG Gals going to state
2017 TWAGA State Tournament May 7-13
(Registration Card available thru Gals in Golf. Email Peggy Rook or Linda Yopp if interested)
March 24, 2017
Dear TWAGA Member,
This is your invitation to the 84th Texas Women’s Amateur Golf Association State Tournament being played at Wolfdancer Golf Club, 575 Hyatt Lost Pines Road, Lost Pines, TX 78612 (out of Bastrop) on April 30 – May 5, 2017.
Please read and abide by the following:
1. You must have been a paid member of a Ladies Golf Association as of February 2017.
2. Your Ladies Golf Association must be a paid member of TWAGA. Please check to see that your club has paid their 2017
dues as entries from non-paid associations will not be accepted.
3. Club Representatives will be emailed an entry card also. These cards may be duplicated in order to provide sufficient copies
to additional players who are interested in registering for the tournament.
4. TWAGA has a handicap limit of 36 for entry. The first 144 entries will comprise the field and will be determined by the
5. A standby list will be maintained in the order received. All standby entrants will be contacted by phone or email to inform
them whether they made it into the tournament. Please do not inquire about your position on standby before April 17th. In the event you cancel or do not make it into the tournament, your check will be destroyed unless you provide a self- addressed stamped envelope when you send in your entry.
6. Any player canceling from the field after April 17th will not be refunded the entry fee unless approved by the board.
7. GPS devices will be allowed during tournament play, however, Smart Phones with GPS apps are NOT allowed.
8. NOTE: Your registration handicap may be adjusted higher or lower depending on the slope rating of Wolfdancer
Golf Club from the forward tees.
The entry fee is $ 300.00 and non-players are $ 75.00 (includes party foods). Make checks payable to TWAGA. This includes all green fees and golf carts for Sunday through Wednesday, range balls, lunch after play on Sunday, Banquet dinner on Tuesday evening and awards luncheon on Friday after play, as well as all prizes. Players on Thursday and Fridays rounds will be responsible for their cart fee of $15.00.
Please note that there are no tee times for a practice round on Saturday, April 29th due to Wolfdancer being fully booked. Please try and make other arrangements if you are interested in playing a practice round before this date. Your cart and green fees for a practice round will be $45.00.
You can contact the pro shop to schedule your practice round after April 1, 2017 at 512-308-9653.
Mail entry to: Patricia Walters 210 Meyer St.
Sealy, TX 77474
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: wk: 979-885-7464
Marie Wohlfahrt 4 Ball tournament will be played on Sunday, April 30th starting at 1:00. Remember if you sign up to play in the 4 Ball then you are automatically registered in the tournament.
*** Please sign up ONLY if you intend to play. ***
If you DO NOT indicate on the registration card that you are playing and leave it blank, the assumption is you are not playing. Cancellations present pairing problems.
Senior/Super Senior Medalist needs to be indicated on the entry form if you wish to participate for the award on qualifying day. You must have claimed your status in order to win the event. No exceptions.
Email Peggy Rook for a registration card for 2017.
Pecan Hollow had 5 ladies represented at the State tournament - Jeanie Edwards, Carol Jasien, Jeannette Johnson, Peggy Rook and Linda Yopp
GOLD Winners Jeanie Edwards, Jeannette Johnson and Linda Yopp! Way to go ladies!!!
Maybe more of us should be playing next year at DELAWARE SPRINGS, May 7 -13, 2016.